Monday, June 14, 2010

JunkMail Bracelets: Paper beads made from recycled magazines and junkmail


My Aunt Diane introduced me to this concept:) Jill Centeno is the creator and this is what she has to say:

"I first learned how to make these paper beads from my Mother-in-Law Genoveve Centeno because I loved how they looked. I was fascinated with all the colors and designs that could come from simply rolling strips of magazine paper onto a toothpick. With one small drop of glue at the end of the paper to seal it and two coats of varnish the paper beads took on a very colorful, interesting look and every single bead was different. I string the paper beads mixed with store bought beads onto an elastic string and tie it securely. That’s it! It’s a great way to have fun and recycle." Jill Centeno- jillzc@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment